All Publications /
Publications in 2022 - from Sinter formation during directed energy deposition of titanium to Predictive Functional Control for Difficult Second-Order Dynamics with a Simple Pre-compensation Strategy.
28 / 06 / 22
The first six months of 2022 has seen the publication of 15 MAPP papers bringing further understanding to a wide range of advanced powder processes across our research themes including in-situ process monitoring, advanced characterisation, enhanced product performance, and modelling, optimisation and control.
They are listed below in reverse chronological order:
- Unnikrishnan, R., Gardy, J., Spencer, B.F., Kurinjimala, R., Dey, A., Nekouie, V., Irukuvarghula, S., Hassanpour, A., Eisenmenger-Sittner, C., Francis, J.A., Preuss, M. (2022).
Functionalization of metallic powder for performance enhancement. Materials & Design. 221, 110900.
- Sun, T., Wang, H., Gao, Z., Wu, Y., Wang, M., Jin, X., Leung, C.L.A., Lee, P.D., Fu, Y., Wang, H. (2022) The role of in-situ nano-TiB2 particles in improving the printability of noncastable 2024Al alloy. Materials Research Letters. 10:10, 656-665.
- Massimi, L., Clark, S.J., Marussi, S., Doherty, A., Shah, S.M., Schulz, J., Marathe, S., Rau, C., Endrizzi, M., Lee, P.D., Olivo, A. (2022). Time resolved in-situ multi-contrast X-ray imaging of melting in metals. Scientific Reports.
- Sinclair, L., Clark, S.J., Chen, Y., Marussi, S., Shah, S., Magdysyuk, O.V., Atwood, R.C., Baxter, G.J., Jones, M., McCartney, D.G., Leung, C.L.A., Lee, P.D. (2022). Sinter formation during directed energy deposition of titanium alloy powders. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture.176, 103887.
- Alsaddah, M., Khan, A., Groom, K., Mumtaz, K. (2022). Diode area melting of Ti6Al4V using 808 nm laser sources and variable multi-beam profiles. Materials & Design, 215, 110518.
- Farquhar, L., Maddison, G., Hardwick, L., Livera, F., Todd, I., Goodall, R. (2022). In-Situ Alloying of CoCrFeNiX High Entropy Alloys by Selective Laser Melting. Metals. 12 (3), 456.
- Freeman, F.S.H.B., Thomas, B., Chechik, L.,Todd, I. (2022). Multi-faceted monitoring of powder flow rate variability in directed energy deposition. Additive Manufacturing Letters. 2, 100024.
- Nar, K., Majewski, C., Lewis,R. (2022). A comprehensive characterisation of Laser Sintered Polyamide-12 surfaces. Polymer Testing. 106, 107450.
- Bhagavath, S., Gong, Z., Wigger, T., Shah, S., Ghaffari, B., Li, M., Marathe, S., Karagadde, S., Lee, P.D. (2022). Mechanisms of gas and shrinkage porosity formation in solidifying shear bands. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 299, 117338.
- Majewski, C. (2022). Making our parts work harder: getting started with functional materials for 3D printing. Journal of 3D Printing in Medicine. 6, (1).
- Huang, Y., Fleming, T.G., Clark, S.J., Marussi, S., Fezzaa, K., Thiyagalingam, J., Leung, C.L.A., Lee, P.D. (2022). Keyhole fluctuation and pore formation mechanisms during laser powder bed fusion additive manufacturing. Nature Communications. 13, 1170.
- Atwya, M., Panoutsos, G. (2022). Structure optimization of prior-knowledge-guided neural networks. Neurocomputing. 491, 464-488.
- Sahin, A., Ray, P., Panoutsos, G. (2022). Self-tuning multi-model statistical process control for process monitoring in additive manufacturing, International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies - CoDIT, IEEE/IFAC, 17-20 May.
- Aftab, M., Rossiter, J.A., Panoutsos, G. (2022). Predictive Functional Control for Difficult Dynamic Processes with a Simplified Tuning Mechanism. 13th UKACC International Conference on Control, Plymouth, UK, April 20-22.
- Aftab, M., Rossiter, J.A., Panoutsos, G. (2022). Predictive Functional Control for Difficult Second-Order Dynamics with a Simple Pre-compensation Strategy. 13th UKACC International Conference on Control, Plymouth, UK, April 20-22.