MAPP is pleased to be hosting the AAMS in 2018. This event continues the series of Europe-wide Additive Manufacturing workshops and symposiums which began at the Max-Planck Institute in 2016 and follows a successful event in 2017 which was hosted by EMPA in Switzerland. The symposium will be held over two days on 3rd-4th September 2018 at Inox, the University of Sheffield.
The scope of the symposium will cover additive manufacturing technologies which include a metallic phase. Session topics are expected to include:
- Phase transformations in AM-produced alloys
- Structural and functional properties of AM-produced alloys
- Advances in processing
- Residual stress and cracking phenomena
- Alloy design
- Metallic metamaterials
Oral and poster presentations that lie within this scope are invited. Contributions are especially encouraged from early career researchers and industrial research teams. Go to the bottom of the page for the abstract submission form. The call for abstract submissions is now closed.
A full programme will be announced in May 2018 and keynote speakers specialising in powders and their processing will be invited. Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Dr Christopher Spadaccini, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Dr Hector Basoalto, University of Birmingham
- Dr Phil Carroll, LPW Technology
- Professor Eduard Hryha, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg
- Dr Eric Jägle, Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH
- Dr Blanka Szost, Additive Manufacturing Competence Centre (EU), Oerlikon AM GmbH
- Professor Roger Reed, University of Oxford
Registration is now open, with the following event packages available:
- Standard Registration - Early Bird Rate, £295. Available for bookings received on or before 31st May 2018.
- Student Registration, £225.00
Draft programme (subject to change)